Alec is growing up!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, June 18, 2010

22 Weeks!!!

Of course, I am exhausted for this photo. We really need to buy an actual mirror. By the time Mr. M has time to take a photo, we’re getting ready for bed – and I’m more done than a thanksgiving turkey.

So here I am in all my tired glory. More to follow in my Non-Weekly post coming up later today.

I’m totally plagiarizing a fellow Bumpie’s weekly post about her progress. I do think I asked for permission to do so – but if not, LCB, you know I love ya!

How Far Along: 22 weeks (2 days).

Total Weight Gain: 11 pounds total as of yesterday. The doctor is loving my pregnancy.

Maternity Clothes: Lots of them.

Stretch Marks: Still clear of them. But I’m still pretty OCD about using cocoa butter every day after my shower…and lots of it!

Best Moment this Week: We had our anatomy scan yesterday – it was awesome. Lentil was lying face-down, breech position so we didn’t get any frontal shots (thank goodness, since we’re Team Green!), but it was awesome seeing all the limbs moving and everything. Mr. M was actually quite sad he can’t feel the football match (for you Gringos, SOCCER) going on inside my tummy….but very happy he got to see it on the video.

Movement: I’ve had daily and nightly football matches in my tummy for the past week or so…they’re really steady, getting stronger by the day, and it feels like an odd combination of “hmm…that feels weird”, “holy shitballs, I have a life inside me!”….and then me (Mrs. M) saying out loud “Lentil, STAY STILL!” In turn, whenever I say that in public, people stare at me as though I’m bat shit crazy.

Food Cravings: Umm…I have been eating watermelon like there’s no tomorrow. Oh. I almost forgot…the Arabic food. There will be a separate post dedicated to that.

Labor Signs: Yup. But they’re just Braxton Hicks...they started a few days ago. I’m not worried, and neither is the doctor.

Belly Button Innie or Outtie: The button’s still very much an innie.

What are You Looking Forward to this Week: Well, we had our anatomy scan yesterday. Other than that, Father’s Day is coming up, and I think I have an idea – where the hell is the closest Michael’s store?

No comments: