Alec is growing up!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stubborn Baby M

This afternoon, Mr. M and I went to see our OB. I thought we were going to do the first trimestre testing (Nuchal Transulency), but apparently, were sent down for a quickie ultrasound instead. Later on, the OB asked us if we planned on doing the tests.

Oh. Oops. I forgot. Ok.

I forget a lot these days. I think I can safely and fairly say that pregnancy brain truly exists. I'll call someone, and by the time they pick up, I've forgotten who I'm calling. Or, there are times that I give Mr. M the fish eye and I don't remember why when he asks.

Yupper. It does exist, indeed.

Aannywayys. I left my office with about 15 minutes to get to the OB's office - as I'm pulling out of the driveway, Mr. M texted me to let him know he was there already! Ok. I got stuck behind 3 school buses that stopped EVERYWHERE. Had I gotten pulled over at the speed I was going, I think my ass would have been hauled to jail for a few hours. I make it to the OB's office about 10 minutes late, and we sit. And wait a little longer.

There was a billing issue that had to be taken care of prior to being seen by the doctor. Since my health insurance is a health savings account sort of plan, my deductible is $2,500.00 prior to anything being covered. It's not too bad, actually - the OB's office placed us on a payment plan which is affordable. Then again, we'll probably hit the deductible WAY before we have Baby M, and in an odd way, it's nice to see how much we get billed vs. how much we are allowed to pay per the insurance company.

Billing issue taken care of, we're called inside. Get to go pee. Yippee. We talked to the nurse for a little before she brought us into an examing room, where we waited for the doctor.

Fast forward a few minutes - Dr. comes in, ready with a little doppler machine so that we can hear the baby's heartbeat. Well - he tried looking for it for about 2 or 3 minutes and then sent us downstairs for a quickie ultrasound. I have to admit - I was worried sick that there would be no heartbeat! So off we go to the downstairs area for the ultrasound.

I think my heart actually stopped beating for a good 5 minutes until the ultrasound techie found Baby M and was able to detect the heartbeat, which came in a nice, beautiful, strong 174 beats per minute. And? The little bugger squirmed the entire time the techie was measuring the heartbeat! She had to repeat the measurements a few times.

So. Baby M, you are now called Stubborn Baby. Although Mr. M insists that the baby's already taking after its mommy. Pot, this is the kettle. You're black.

It was definitely exciting to see something so active in my tummy - but at the same time, now I know why the round ligament pain can be so fierce! Baby M apparently likes the left side of my uterus. Youch.

No comments: