Alec is growing up!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 10, 2010

Seriously, put on your big girl panties

Everyone knows that kids are hard work. We all also know that every child is different.

But if you choose to be stay home and raise kids, keeping your home at least somewhat clean and tidy, is also your job. It might be an unpaid job, yes, but it is a job, and it should be done with pride.

If you choose to stay home, do nothing but sit on Facebook, take pictures of your 2 year old son, as well as yourself in some pretty provocative poses and clothing (when you're 7 months pregnant) to post on said Facebook; and these pictures show that your home looks like a pig-sty......don't fracken complain to the world on Facebook when your husband comes home from work and complains. When this is coming from a 19 year old girl, I swear to God, it really pisses me off.

Life is not so difficult for you. Yes, your family lives far away. Yes, you are stuck at home with no transportation to go outside. No, you probably don't have your own spending money, and you might have to account for anything and everything you spend of your husband's meager salary. You don't have ANY bills to worry about, because HE pays them for you. Seriously, his attitude may change if he can come home to a cleaner home that doesn't look like it belongs in a shantytown, with tin roof and all, and quite possibly also, if his 2 year old isn't running around in a diaper, looking as though he got into a Mud Well.

I think this is one reason why the divorce rate is so high among younger people.

I would divorce ME if I came home to that.

Although I admit there are times that I just want to curl up in bed doing absolutely nothing but pet Apollo, read a good book and listen to music.

But I can't do that. I have a child to take care of. Even though Lentil is in my tummy still, my [lack of] of activity could be detrimental not only to his/her health, but to my own health later on down the road.

Not working does hurt my self-esteem. But at least I try. Even if I won't be in the work force for much longer, having a child doesn't put me out for good. Maybe a few months, maybe a few years at a time. We're not sure.

Even though we're moving in less than two weeks, our home has never been cleaner since I've been unemployed.

Apollo has never been happier that his Mummie is home with him.

Yes, I do ask Mr. M if I can spend even $30 on something. That's just my own common decency. It's still my own money, but at one point this year, it will be OUR money, and a larger purchase would still require a discussion between us. He won't freak out if I spend $10 on something, but if I come home with a $200 coat, he has every single right to be pissed at me.

I guess what this entire post is about, is the sad fact that so many people underestimate the power of personal choice.

Your life is what you make of it.

1 comment:

shay said...

Love pregnancy rants!! They are freaking awesome!