Alec is growing up!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Little tidbits

A few things have been going on in what I have lovingly dubbed House of Napalm. The first is that, despite the fact we have lived in our new home for two months, the place still looks like disaster struck. Work has been at a standstill for a little over a month, and we've started getting fed up with the lack of progress. I finally had to have a heart-to-heart with our contractor; who had to take on a few other jobs in order to pay his workers. Note to self: don't get another 203k loan. It's tough enough to do work on a house you live in, without adding into the equation all the costs of materials and labour. Also, everything we touch turns into WWIII. Not fun.
We've had issues varying from what to do with the lack of clearance for the new basement stairs, to my clear typo in writing down kitchen measurements (a mistake that cost us an extra $800.00). Our counters are taking forever because nobody approved the final template until I called and raised hell. They will finally be installed on the 29th. At this point, we will finally be able to cook a homemade meal that doesn't involve using the microwave. Andplusalso, eating the kind of crap that can be cooked in the microwave is both costly and gross.
We have a mold issue in the master bedroom. The three of us are room sharing. Nobody sleeps as a result. Luckily, we've gone to nobody calling us back regarding our inquiries on this, to a company actually scheduling an inspection (for free!).
Our belongings are still packed away in the garage.
Hopefully, we will be able to unpack some stuff once the kitchen is fully done.

On other matters.

Keith and I have decided that we can't let this hold us back on family planning. My IUD was removed earlier this week, and we will start trying to make a baby in August. Shooting for a June baby - no pun intended. This way, Keith will be home during the majority of my maternity leave, and this shall make matters easier.

Alec loves his new daycare. Loves. He's one of five boys, so logically, he's becoming quite rough and tumbly! He is, however, struggling with sharing. Oh well. He's only 20 months old.

Seriously. Alec is definitely starting to blossom. He has a new word everyday, and has become a little chatterbox with his 'Russian'.

I'm still nursing Alec. This, in and of itself, is a feat. One that I'm happy about, as well as proud of. With my early struggles, I don't see the point in weaning him forcefully. Let him do it on his own accord. He will most likely wean while I'm pregnant anyway.

This is my first post in a long time. But, I will try to post more often.



No comments: